Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Unseen Love




"that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith — the salvation of your souls. " I Peter 1:8-9


Have you ever been on a blind date? I haven't. I just was never quite that trusting. There is something unsettling about making plans with someone you do not know. Much less someone you have never seen before.

So, how on Earth, can we believe in and love a Savior that we will not lay eyes on until the end of our lives when we go to heaven? Some people struggle with that, at least philosophically. But any Christian will testify that there is a real experience with God that reveals His nature and character to a human that leaves no doubt that He is real. And that He is all He claims to be in the Bible. To be honest, my relationship with God is more real than any human relationship. Why? Because when no one else is around, I am spending time with Jesus. He is always near. I sense His presence, I feel His love, I become aware of His direction and will. I serve a very real, omnipresent God. I do have to admit, however, that I am looking forward to the day that I will see Him face to face. I have no doubt that I will know Him. The idea of spending eternity in His presence, praising Him, basking in His glory... there is no greater joy to anticipate than that.

Dear Lord, I long for the day when I will see you face to face. Thank you for the precious promise of eternity with you. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.