Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Finding Favor


 

 

    


Prov 11:27

 

He who earnestly seeks good finds favor,

But trouble will come to him who seeks evil.

NKJV

 

Do you need the favor of God in your life?  In your career?  In your finances?  I depend upon the favor of God.  I am always  so grateful when the Lord causes me to find favor and someone hands me a coupon for something I am about to buy or if He causes me to find favor with my auditors on my job.  There is nothing that we can do to self-promote that will be as effective as the favor of God.  His favor exceeds anything we can do because it is divine and is not based in selfishness.

We can, and should, seek to do good and be good.  But at the end of the day, any good we do, it is a gift from God.   He alone grants us the wisdom, peace and  direction to overcome our sin nature.  But this verse indicates that if we are earnestly seeking good, that will lead to us finding favor.  Whenever you choose the more excellent way in a situation, you are setting yourself up to find favor.  Whether the person we are being good to, has the capacity to enrich us or not, if our heart is just to do good, that is something the Lord can bless.  Our words and actions must be rooted in good intentions. Then the rest if up to the Lord.

Those who are bent on stirring up dissension or having a fight, you can guarantee, they will come to evil.  You can not be a brawler or a cheater and not suffer from the fruit of it in the end.  Anyone who constantly sews to feed the flesh- over-eating, over-spending; giving everyone a piece of your mind, will eventually suffer the consequences for being out of balance.

Seeking constantly to get favor in a situation or with a person, amounts to little more than manipulation.  But if you just set your heart to be a change-agent for good everywhere you go, I am convinced the favor and blessings of God will overtake you.

Dear Lord, help me to be a source of goodness in all of my relationships and in all my pursuits.  Convict me of the areas I need to change.  Help me to walk in Your divine favor.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.