Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Day of Decision




 

    

Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.” (Joel 3:14)

 

 

I have reached a place in my life that I hate decisions.  When I am lunching with a friend or family member I often say, “You decide.”  I used to enjoy making decisions, but lately I have been inundated with too many choices.  Important choices.  That leaves me reticent to make any choices at all.

 

Perhaps you have been there yourself.  Or maybe you are there now.  There seems to be seasons in life that are filled with a large bulk of decisions at one time.  For the high school senior, the future lies before them with a multitude of options and decisions to make.  For the person looking to purchase a home, find a job, purchase a car or find a mate, there are lots of life decisions to make.  As a husband, wife, or parent, there are innumerable decisions that must be made.  With the current economic crisis, many of us are making complicated and far-reaching financial decisions as well.

 

I am not here to tell you how to make decisions or to hold forth about all manner of theological promises contained in the Word of God. I am just writing as a fellow sojourner in this path called life.  I know God is near.  I believe He leads and guides us.  If I did not, I would be overcome with confusion at this moment.  What I would like to propose, however, is that you thoughtfully lay your questions out before the Lord and listen for His leading.

 

The Lord leads in many ways- through His Word, His Spirit, peace, an inner knowing, circumstances, sound advice from a Godly friend, and through shut doors.  When you don’t know what to do, don’t keep traveling in the wrong path.  Stop and ask for directions!  I know I need to!

 

 

Dear God, I need to discern Your direction and wisdom for several life-changing decisions.  Unfold Your plan to me, I pray.    In Jesus' Name. Amen.

 Sherri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.