Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Reclaiming Abundant Life




 

    

John 10:10

 

10 A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.

(THE MESSAGE)

 

Do you ever feel like you are just "doing time"?  Sometimes I do.  I feel like I am just eking away my days with nothing to show for it.  I run from sun up to sundown, but for what?  What is the purpose of my activity? Is it bringing me joy? Is it making a difference in someone else's  life?

 

This verse talks about the abundant life that Jesus came to bring to us.  A life that is "more and better than we can dream of..."  I believe the Amplified Bible says "in abundance, to the full, until it over flows." If that is what Jesus brought me, what am I do living so beneath my means? I look forward to great joy and pleasures evermore in heaven, but in the meantime, I want to enjoy the Jesus-kind of life.   I want to find joy, contentment and richness in my days on this Earth. I want to savor the blessings that He gives me without allowing the busy-ness  of life to consume all of my time.

 

The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy.  But this applies in so many different ways.  Yes, he will take your very life if he can.  Yes, he wants to take stuff from you and destroy what you have.  But I also believe part of what he is stealing, killing and destroying is my ability to enjoy the life that Jesus purchased on my behalf.

 

There is a way to do the everyday living activities of housework, jobs, parental duties and errands, all the while enjoying the abundant life. If your life is falling short, join me in praying that God will help us to reclaim our inheritance in Him!

 

 

 

Dear God, my life is not as joy-filled and abundant as I want it to be.  Show me what I need to change, defeat the enemy on my behalf and bring me into Your abundance.     In Jesus' Name. Amen.

 

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.