Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Give me Grace



"But he gives us more grace.  That is why Scripture says:  'God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.'" I John 4:1-6


 

Have you ever had something really delicious to eat?  So much so, that you thought that you would just die if you could not have more?  When something is good, it stands to reason that more is better.  (Hence my puzzlement that they consider tiny candy bars to be "fun size", but that is a discussion for another day.)

 

I feel the same way, only more fervently, about the grace of God. That is what makes this verse very encouraging.  He gives MORE grace.  More help, more supernatural can-do, more strength, and more ease.  When He gives us grace, He continues to add to it until we have all we need to make it through whatever battle we face.  When our resolve and strength is completely depleted, God grants us more grace.

 

I am currently in a situation that feels like I am walking through quick sand.  I have matters to attend to that have become a burden or drudgery to me.  In my despair I find my heart crying out to God, "Give me more grace or move me."  I am just there with the situation I am in.  I am not capable of getting a new attitude, a different perspective or a fresh infusion of zeal to meet the demands.  I am utterly bankrupt within myself to muster up the courage that I need.  Thank God that I never live within my own means, but rather, I live within the means of God!

 

There are times that we must see our own lack in order to do as this verse dictates. We must humble ourselves to receive that grace.  As long as we think we can handle it, we do not lean upon God's grace.

 

 Oh, Lord, you see me.  You know me intimately.  You understand my weakness and my state of my mind.  You know the areas I need grace in, and Lord I beseech you earnestly to multiply grace into my life.    In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

 

Sherri

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.