Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Monday, June 24, 2013

Transformers



"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is Spirit.'" II Corinthians 3:18


 

So, on a scale of 1-10 how do your rate your glory level?  I would give myself a generous "two".  I fall so short of reflecting God's glory.  But this verse excites me nonetheless.  It promises me that I am being changed, or transformed, into his likeness.  I have not arrived, but my glory is certainly more "glorious" now than it was 10 years ago.  And I have confidence that 10 years from now my level of glory will have shown more progress still.  Why?  Because I am so great?   Not at all!  It is all about His power to transform.  All we have to do is present ourselves willingly to the Master's hands.

 

This passage makes me think of one of my heroes, Moses.  I love the way that he talked with the Lord face-to-face as a man does with a friend. As he spent time in the presence of God, his face would actually illuminate to the point that he would have to put a veil on so that his friends and family could stand to look at him!  Can you imagine?  Being so glorious that your face literally glows?!  And according to this verse,  we can reflect it with our face unveiled!

 

I also love the fact that we can be made like Him with ever increasing glory.  There is no cap to how much of God's presence, power, anointing, peace and glory you can enjoy.  Whatever level of glory you are at now, you can move on to the next level of glory.  The only limit that exists is on our side.  We can stop the process, but He will remain glorious!

 

  Dear God, I desire more. More of all that you have for me.  More of your likeness; more of  your glory.  More of  YOU.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

 

Sherri

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.