Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, June 14, 2013

Purpose Fulfilled


 

 

"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever- do not abandon the works of your hands."  Psalm 138:8


There are so many dreams, aspirations and petitions that I have before the Lord.  Things that I have believed Him for, some for years.   On good days, my  faith is high that He will perform all that I have asked for.  On bad days I have feared that the Lord is asleep in my boat.  Do you know what I mean?  There are just times that it seems He has forgotten, or He does not notice where I am.  But the truth of the matter is, He is always aware, always concerned, and always invested in fulfilling His purpose for me.

I love the way this verse is stated as a personal affirmation.  Say it aloud to yourself.  Don't you feel your faith rise by the reminder?  He will fulfill his purpose for me!  Because of His enduring love, He will not abandon the work of His hands.  Paul summed it up so beautifully when he said, "... being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." ( Phil. 1:6)

Regardless of where you are, you are constantly in a state of looking ahead to some hoped-for outcome or answer. The Lord uses these desires to teach us how to look to Him and to grow in our faith.  Hold on to your faith!  It will be richly rewarded.

Dear Lord, help me to trust Your  purpose for me, as well as your ability to see it through.  Forgive me for my doubts and fears.   In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.