Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Monday, June 10, 2013

The Open Door

"But I will stay on at Ephesus until Pentecost, because a great door for  effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me."  I Cor. 16:8-9


 

Have you ever tried to make an opportunity happen for yourself?  Did it flop?   Yeah, me too. Over the years I have stumbled upon opportunity, prayed for opportunity and despaired of it ever happening for me.  One life lesson I have uncovered is this-  it is all in God's hands.   He has  a perfect time or season for all the opportunities in life that he has planned for us.

The timing of God  can either be a source of great trust or frustration for us.   As humans, we like feeling like we are the master of our own destiny; but those of us who have chosen to follow Christ have literally forfeited our right to chart our  own course.  We gave our lives away.  Now, instead, we  wait for God's  direction and timing.

Recently  I have had some opportunities open up for some lifelong dreams to come to pass.   It is  uncanny how God orchestrates events and people to line up opportunities for us.  After years of waiting, trying, hoping and crying, God just slides wide a door that appears from nowhere.  He is such a  great God!  Watching from down here, it almost looks  like happenstance.  This person just happens to cross our  path at just the right time to be pivotal to our destiny.  But I know better.  Nothing just happens to a child of God. He is in control!

If you are believing for a "great door" to open to you, take heart!  Throw it in neutral and begin to trust God's timing.  Our attempts to bang it open with our own heads, result in many headaches and much frustration!  He knows  what He is doing.  All  wisdom, direction and resources are at his disposal.

Dear Lord, help me to trust you timing.  I choose to recall all the successes of the past that you brought my way and I choose to trust you for my future as  well.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.