Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Quit Wondering and Ask!




 

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:5


 

I just don't know what to do anymore.  I am overwhelmed; locked in and confused.  There does not seem to be any viable options to improve my situation. What should I do...

 

Ever been there?   Between the proverbial rock and a hard place, is no place to be, much less live.  The Word is a wealth of knowledge, wisdom and  instruction.  But can we be real?  There are life issues that do not fit a verse.  There are issues for which the Bible can seem altogether silent at times.

 

Should I buy this house?  Should I take this job? Should I go back to school?  Is  she the right girl for me?  These are questions that you will probably not find a straight line  answer for.  Thank  God that his direction goes to an even more individualized and personalized  level.  He will speak to us and show us what to do.  Thank God, we must simply ask and he will give us wisdom.

 

Do you have problems discerning the Lord's voice?  We all go through a sort of learning curve before we get the hang of it. But don't despair!  He desires to reveal his wisdom and direction to you. He could speak to you through an impression that hits your spirit like revelation.  He can speak to you as you are listening to a preacher or teacher.  He can speak to you through a friend who just seems to say something that sparks inspiration.  Ask God what you should do, and then... wait for His answer!

  

Dear Lord, I need your wisdom for my  life.  Particularly in deciding what to do about ____ situation.  Reveal wisdom to me.   In Jesus' Name. Amen.

 

Sherri

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.