Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

How Great is That?!


 

 

"Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom." Psalm 145:3


Sometimes life is just too complicated to figure out.  Sometimes, to be quite frank, I do not even know how to pray or what verses to study.  Should I study on my area of struggle- anxiety, provision, peace?  Or should I study on faith so I will know how to get my prayer answered?  Should I take up intercession or rebuke the devil?

One thing I do know- no matter what is going on, it is always fitting to praise the Lord.  It is always appropriate and helpful to concentrate on how vast and awesome He is.  It always put things into perspective to recall what Jesus did on Calvary.  It is always uplifting to recall God's mighty deeds in your life or in the lives of those you have witnessed.

If we focus on the problem, despair develops.  But if, instead, we focus on the mountain-mover, we find our hope being restored to a place that we can believe for victory.

Go ahead!  Try it!  Begin to praise Him.  He is bigger and greater than you will ever fathom or express!

O, Lord, you are great, mighty and awesome!  You are altogether righteous, true and holy.  You amaze and astound me.  I honor You and glorify Your name. I magnify You above all that I can see with my human eyes.

In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

Sherri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.