Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Filled with all Joy and Peace


 

    

 

 "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Rom 15:13 (NKJV)


 

"If I don't expect anything good to happen to me, I won't be disappointed when it doesn't."  Have you ever had that said to you before?  Are you the person who said it?

 

Many of us have allowed the negative voices and experiences in our lives to leave us jaded and negative.  If we are not careful, it can turn into a full-blown case of pessimism.  What difference does it make anyway? What is lost when we quit believing for the best?

 

Joy and peace are sacrificed at the juncture when we quit believing.  So much of the Christian walk is all about faith, all about belief.  For pity sake, we are called believers!  This passage says that He is the "God of hope."  It is therefore impossible to be truly without hope, when we are in God.  Jesus is our hope.  We have so much to look forward to- spiritual blessings, physical blessings, material blessings, eternal rewards, God's favor, peace, joy... it is too expensive NOT to believe!

 

Don't get me wrong.  There have been times in my life that hope has waned and belief has failed.  But true to its Word; the verse was reinforced in my life's experiences.  I was made to abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit!  Nothing I could conjure up within myself could suffice.  But God, through His Spirit, caused hope to spring up within me.  Most often this type of attitudinal manifestation has occurred as I worshiped or praised the Lord. Praising Him, raises levels of faith, hope and joy.

 

It is my prayer today, that if you are lacking in joy and peace, that God will manifest this verse into your life.  Let's pray this verse together.

 

Dear  Lord, "Now may the God of hope fill (me) with all joy and peace in believing, that (I )may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Thank you that you are my peace, joy, and my reason to abound in hope.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.