Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, July 12, 2013

The Things That Concern Me


 

 

The Lord  will perfect that which concerns me;  Your mercy, O Lord , endures forever;  Do not forsake the works of Your hands.   Ps 138:8 (NKJV)


 

 

Do you ever feel like life is spinning out of control?  Do you ever feel  frozen to come up with a plan?  I'll admit it, I am a thinker. And not in a good way.  I  can think something to death. I have a hard time putting something on a "back burner" in my mind.  When I do, my brain seems to shout, "You have something on the back burner.  And it is about to boil over!"

 

Tonight, as I was sitting in church rehearsing my problems and the countless solution options, this verse sprang up in my mind.  What a beautiful promise to know that He will "perfect" that which concerns me.  It will be a good thing.  It will be a whole and complete thing.  He will not forget a few of the details, and let issues go unresolved or forget where He is on the to-do list pertaining to me.  Isn't that comforting to know?!  No matter how big or small, how scary or trite, He will  perfect that which concerns me.  I see this in a two-fold way.  He will  perfect that which relates to me, or is concerning me.  As well as, He will perfect the things that cause me concern.  Either way, He is aware and He has a plan!

 

There are many issues and people in my life that matter a great deal to me.  As such, I am constantly worrying over these folks  and these things.  But I can give it up!  Because He has it in His control.  In modern slang, I can almost see Him tapping His holy chest, saying, "I got this!"

 

I may get some things right.  I may botch some stuff up.  But one thing is sure.  He does all things well and will do to trust with all that concerns us.

 

Dear Lord, I feel so foolish! How do I keep taking things out of your capable hands  and fretting over them?  I give it all back to you, as well  as all the people and situations heavy on my heart.  Thank you that you will take it and take care of it.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

 

Sherri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.