Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Is it Morning Yet?


    

 

Remember my affliction and roaming, The wormwood and the gall.

20 My soul still remembers And sinks within me. 21 This I recall to my mind,

  Therefore I have hope.    Through the Lord 's mercies we are not consumed,

  Because His compassions fail not.   They are new every morning;

Great is Your faithfulness. NKJV Lam 3:19-23  (NKJV)

 

There are days, and then there are days!  Some nights, I confess, it is a relief to go to bed. It seems that by 8:00 p.m., I have used up all of the Lord's mercies and grace for that day, and going to sleep is a great escape.  And then blessedly, I wake up the next morning and things usually do look brighter and more hopeful.

 

I have recently fell prey to the internet  game, Candy Crush.  You too?  Anyway, I get so frustrated when I am ready to keep at a level until I get it, but I use up my lives and am put into "candy time out" as I like to call it. I have to wait for my lives to renew or build back up before I can begin again.  (Because I am certainly not going to pay for it!) Thank the Lord, His mercy and compassion never runs dry.  They do not expire. They are there when we need them.  And mercifully, when we awaken in the morning, He is there to give us what we need to meet that day.

 

I am blessed to have some truly great, God-given friends.  These friends are day-in-day-out true friends. We have been through some stuff together.  I know whether I am on good behavior, or  100% flesh, these friends have my back.  They will encourage me, pray for me, and maybe even rebuke me in the Lord.  But they are faithful.  I have other friends who are the "fair-weather" variety.  When I see them it is good, but I cannot depend on them for slightest thing.  I love people.  But honestly when it comes to friends like that, what good are they?  If you can't be there when I really need you, why be there when I don't?  God is a faithful Friend and Companion.   No matter what, He always loves, always encourages, always refreshes and always carries me through.  Does He do everything in a way I understand?  No.  But I can rely on His faithfulness to do what is best for me, even when I may never understand it this side of heaven.

 

God  is so limitless in His supply of all things loving and helpful.  If your tank is empty, if you have run out of hope and courage, turn to Him.  He will give you what you need. Every time.

 

Dear Lord, you exceed my every  expectation with more of You than I can contain in my limited human container.  Thank you for your faithfulness to stand beside me.  I love you.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

 

Sherri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.