Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Companion


    

 

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord  your God is with you wherever you go."  Josh 1:1-9 (NKJV )

 

 

Be honest.  Do you ever get weary of being strong and courageous?  Yep!  Me too.  Sometimes I fall into temptation to sit down and pout.  I give in to the desire to throw my weapon down and hide in fright. I don't feel strong, I feel weak and exposed.  I don't feel courageous, I feel frightened and timid.  At times like that, it is OK to just go with your feelings, right?

 

Obviously, this is one of those verses that negates our right to act on our feelings.  In fact, it is presented as a command!  Why can't the Lord just let us be who we are?  Because what He has for us is so much better than we can see or perceive when we are weak and weary.  But if we can just hold on to the good report.  If we can just believe the promise, we have such great and precious assurances that He will be with us; He will strengthen us; He will fight for us.

 

Usually, when I feel most lonely is when I feel most vulnerable.  But this verse assures me that I am never alone.   Jesus goes where no other human can go.  If you are  alone in a MRI machine, He is with you. There is no situation too dangerous or cramped for Him to keep you company.

 

Lord, it is  just one of those days.  I need you to show up and be Who you are.  I need Your strength, Your courage, Your presence.  Show Yourself mighty on my behalf.   In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

 

Sherri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.