Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Monday, July 1, 2013

Nothing is too Hard For God


    


 

"Ah, Lord God ! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You."  Jeremiah 32:17 NKJV


Why do we bring God down to our level?  Why do we struggle believing God is able to answer our prayers?  Look around!  All of creation screams out, "God is great!  God is majestic-He is all powerful!"

If we will just keep mind that the same God that planted the mountains and hung the moon and stars is the One who hears our prayers, we should never struggle with believing He can do anything.  Nothing will ever be too big or too powerful for Him.

Several years ago we were facing a terrible season of sickness and fear  involving a loved one.  The worse the doctor's proclamations became, the harder it was for me to believe that God could still come through.  I remember riding home one day, praying and railing against the situation. All of a sudden I was struck by such a beautiful sunset.  Then I was reminded  how uncomprehendingly great our God is!  The situation did not turn out a I had hoped.  But one thing I have been able to avoid since then is doubting his ability.  His sovereignty may result in an answer we are not asking for, but his vast greatness is never short on the power do to anything He desire to do.

God is great.  God is good.  Reflect on that.  It is more than a children's blessing.

Dear Lord, you amaze and inspire me.  You wow me with your majesty and splendor.  Thank you that in Your mighty hand is all that I could ever need.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

Sherri

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.