Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Finding Joy


 

 


Ps 16:11

 

11 You will show me the path of life;

In Your presence is fullness of joy;

At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.  (NKJV)

 

Joy.  Everyone wants it; not everyone can find it.  People fill their lives with substitutes- shopping, hunting, eating, drinking, the list is endless.  But nothing else can truly satisfy man's soul like the joy that is found in Christ. 

 

Knowing that Someone loves us enough to die for us lends a tremendous sense of security and stability.  The commodity of true spiritual joy is unquantifiable and priceless.  It is has no comparison.  True meaning in life cannot be found apart from an intimate, personal relationship with Christ.

 

Sometimes as Christians, we still fail to walk in the fullness of joy that is offered  in Christ. Anytime that I find my joy slipping, I can go back and trace it to a lack in my devotional time spent in His presence. I cannot fill my days with everything but Him and expect the same level of anointing or joy in His presence.

 

Sometimes people depict Christians as being boring and no fun.  But the truth of the matter is that walking with Christ includes pleasures that no one can imagine without experiencing it themselves.  There truly is a "high on life" that can be found in the Lord.

 

 

Dear Lord, restore my joy.  Help me to find the fullness in your presence that satisfies above all else.     In Jesus' Name. Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.