Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fully Convinced


 
 

    

Matt 9:20-22

 

20 And suddenly, a woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of His garment. 21 For she said to herself, "If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well." 22 But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, "Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well." And the woman was made well from that hour.  (NKJV)

 

Have you ever been desperate? The kind of desperation that does not care that you are making a fool out of yourself,  crying in the altar?  The lady in this passage had experienced 12 years of failure, sickness, weakness, social isolation and medical treatment. She had nothing left.  Nothing but her faith.

I am amazed that she was able to hold on to her faith for so long after so many attempts and failing results.  But in this passage we see an inspiring glimpse into her mind. She does not say, "I might as well touch Jesus, I have tried everything else."  No!  She said if I can just touch the very tip of his garment, I SHALL BE WELL!  Not possibly.  Not a 20% chance of success.  This woman was fully convinced.

I cannot prove it by Scripture, but it is my opinion, that the Holy Spirit had given this woman the gift of faith- a supernatural impartation of belief.  It seems improbable that she would have the courage to believe after so much disappointment without it. But regardless of whether or not she was operating in a gift of the Spirit, or old-fashioned, garden variety faith, ahe knew who Jesus was and what He could do for her.

No matter how long you have prayed. No matter how disappointed you have been in the past, make up your mind to believe in the healing power of Jesus.  Believe in His miracle working power.  What have you got to lose?!

 

Dear Lord, increase my faith.  Help me to be fully convinced of your faithfulness and ability.  Forgive me for any mixture of doubt.

In Jesus' Name.  Amen.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.