Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Where is Your Trust?


 

Ps 20:7

 

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;

But we will remember the name of the Lord  our God.

NKJV

 

I have never trusted in a chariot- but I have put my faith in a Ford, a Chevy a Nissan and a Toyota.  And when they have  failed, I have been disheartened and frustrated.  There are so many things in life that I did not know I trusted in, until I no longer had it to trust in.

I did not know how much I trusted in my income until the recession resulted in a significant pay cut. I did not know that I trusted in health insurance, until I faced medical uncertainty and exorbitant medical  cost.

As a child of God we must trust the Blesser, while being thankful for the blessing.  We cannot afford to trust even in the blessings of God, because seasons change, and His provision may take a different form in our lives.

Are you in fear of losing something? Perhaps your trust is misplaced.  God is our Source.  We must remember the Name of the Lord and all of the kingdom benefits contained within His Name.  We must remember that it is in Him, that we live, move and have our being. We must recognize that every spiritual or material blessing that we enjoy comes from His storehouse.

We all like to feel comfortable and secure.  It is the nature of our humanity.  But we must always hold on to the blessings of God loosely, recognizing that He must be relied upon alone.   It is not God plus my horse.  It is not God plus my retirement account.  At the end of the day, it is just God. 

Our economy continues to wobble and send shock waves through our hearts and bank accounts.  People let us down.  Sure things fall through, but bless His Name who is forever praised, God will not fail!!!

Dear Lord, I just need you today.  Life is too big and I can't handle it.  Show up. Be God in my life.  I trust in Your Name and not in what I possess.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

                                                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.