Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Friday, August 16, 2013

Know my Anxieties


 

 

    

Ps 139:23

 

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;

Try me, and know my anxieties;  (NKJV)

 

I was in a situation one time,  where I said something, tongue-in-cheek, for comedic effect.  Later, however, I became concerned that the person may not understand that I was only joking and may be offended with me.  I called them to apologize.  I was immediately assured that they were not offended in the least.  Their response was reassuring, as they said, "We know your heart."  I was grateful that they did not think my heart to be mean-spirited or unkind.

 

There have been other instances in my life where I felt like I knew my own heart in a situation, only to find out that my motives were not pure in the least.  Sometimes I was shocked to find areas of my heart that I locked the Lord out of, keeping them for me alone.  Who can really know our heart, but the Lord alone?

 

God knows my heart, He senses my anxieties, He knows what makes me tick- and yet He still loves me and extends mercy to me.  Sometimes I need Him to shine the spotlight of the Holy Spirit in my heart and show me the contents- whether they are pleasing or displeasing in his sight.  Sometimes I am not even aware of the anxieties that I am entertaining and the negative impact that has on my heart.

 

 

Dear Lord, take control of my heart and mind.  Drive out the thoughts that displease you and breed anxiety.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.