Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Rattling Knobs




    

Luke 11:9-11

 

"So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."  

NKJV

 

My closest friends and family will tell you that my number one pet peeve in all of the world, is presumptuousness.  I detest it when people presume or demand something from me that I am not trying to give.  I am a generous person, but please, do not tell me to hand you something!  Ask me, and it's yours.  I just do not like it when people take it for granted that I was  born to do their bidding. (Come on, you have your hang-ups, too!)

 

Because of my repulsion to presumptuous and pretentious people, I go way into the other ditch.  I know that I am always welcome at my mother's but still I call and ask if I can come.  I  have friends that I know will listen when I need to talk, but still I ask if they have time and if it's  convenient.  Being considerate is super important to me.

 

That is why I feel that I sometimes fall a bit short in carrying out today's verse.  I ask.  But I do not always get pushy with it.  I pray, and I leave it to God. But lately, I have been feeling a desperation in my spirit to ask and keep on asking; to knock and keep on knocking.  Not being heard or not being answered is no longer a consideration!  I need God to show up.  It is reached a point that I am going beyond knocking to jiggling the door knob.  Frankly, I am starting to rattle them pretty good.

 

I am convinced that sometimes God hides, that we might seek him all the more.  He ordains situations and circumstances that cause us to become bold and daring in prayer.  If you are not finding what you are looking for, seek harder!  Bang on the door!  Cry out with a loud voice.  Ask Him!  He knows you need it and He has the resources.  How will you know where your open door is, if you are not rattling the knob?

 

 

 

Dear Lord, I just can't let this go.  I need you to give me a breakthrough.  I need to see you swinging open doors and answering prayers.  I put my confidence in you and rejoice already in your provision and action on my behalf.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.