Sherri Evans

Sherri Evans

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Free. Indeed.


    

John 8:36

 

"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."  (NKJV)

 

 

There have been times in my life, I have been around some "name-droppers."  I have been told to do something on my job, "per ___"  and they would list a superior's name.  Usually, the authority had, indeed, spoken.  Occasionally, however, people use someone else's name amiss.  Using it where they do not have the right or authority to do so.

 

That is one of the things that I love about this verse.  Jesus himself is saying, "If the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."  The Son is referring to himself.  He does not come with another's authority.  No!  A thousand times no!  He comes in his own authority and says,  "Look, if I set you free, you are definitely free."  (My paraphrase.)  There is no mistake in what is being said.  If Jesus cuts you loose from the chains of bondage, there is no power that can hold you back.  If Jesus overcomes your drug addiction, you are free.  If Jesus opens the prison doors on your child abuse and pronounces you whole, you are whole!  If Jesus washes away your sins, you are as pure and clean as the driven snow.

What Jesus says-  what Jesus does- is irrevocable by anyone else.  He knows the past, present and future.  He is the great I AM.  Who was, who is and who is to come.  He knows all, therefore He can truthfully pronounce the outcome of any situation.

 

Whatever you have struggled with, if you have given it to Jesus, you must believe that you are free just as He says.  Walk free!  He has opened the prison door- get off your cot and start marching out! You are free.  You have been released!  Walk in it, in Jesus' Name.

  Dear Lord, thank you for being my Liberator.  Thank you for freeing me from all of the bondage of sin and the lies of the enemy.   In Jesus' Name.  Amen.

Sherri

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. Feel free to share how these posts are impacting your life.